To consider the attached report and delivery plans.
The Chair referred the Committee to the ‘Overview of Our Cwm Taf Wellbeing Objectives Delivery Plans’ report.
The Chair then welcomed Chris Hole, Simon James and Alyn Owen to the Meeting.
Loneliness and Isolation, Cross Cutting Objective
Simon James of Interlink circulated to the Committee a Presentation entitled ‘Stay Well in your Community – Tackling Loneliness and Isolation’ that gave details of the following:
· Do we need to invest in Community Solutions that reduce demand and allow public services to support and focus on more complex issues
· Early Intervention
· Cost / Cost Effectiveness
· Demand / Money
· Friends and Family
· Third Sector Providers
· Public Sector
· Evaluation of the Isolation to Integration Project – May 2015
· Stay Well in your Community
· How do we implement the WFG Act and five ways of working
· What is a Community Hub
· What is the role for Commissioners
Simon James also gave an update in relation to:
· Delivery Lead
· Progress to date
· Next Steps
· Any Challenges
The following questions were then raised by the Committee and were responded to in detail by Simon James:
· Clarity on Client Groups
· Geography rather than Category
· Cross Cutting objectives relying on Volunteers – Funding
· Involvement of Schools
· How is success being measured
· What are the initial thoughts and plans
· Connection with the third Sector and the Public Sector
· What is being done to bridge the gap
· To look at how information is presented in the future
· Third Sector mapping activities
· Directory Provision to avoid duplication of work
· Reference b.1 and b.2 of the Delivery Plan
Chris Hole then updated the Committee in relation to Thriving Communities and gave a summary in relation to the Local Implementation Group, the Evaluation Framework and Community Zones
Strong Economy Delivery Plan
Alyn Owen then updated the Committee in relation to the Delivery Plan and gave a summary in relation to the Regional South East Wales Initiative, City Deal, Workforce Development, Public Sector Partners, Tourism Development, Training and future Skills and the Draft Employment Pledge.
The Chair then referred to the links in the action plan and mapping to ensure that the links were seamless.
The Chair then thanked Simon James, Chris Hole and Alyn Owen for the update to the Committee.