To consider report of the Chief Officer Education
Sue Walker led the Committee through the ‘Best Start to Life’ report and responded in detail to the following questions raised by the Committee on the report:
· Explanation requested in relation to the differences between Table 1 and 2
· What was done / wasn’t done to make inroads into the figures
· Are we on target to reach some of these targets
· Clarification sought on the targets (Numbers required)
· How can we overcome children being taken out of school
· Paragraph 6.1 – How is the target going to be achieved
· What are the differences between what was done last year
· Where is the Authority in the all Wales schools index table
· Further details requested on what work is being done in relation to attendance – What are the reasons for non-attendance
· Further details requested in reports - what is being done differently and how is this to be achieved – How can actions be measured
The report be noted.
Ewan Wilkins Campbell left the Meeting at 5.00 pm.