To consider the attached report
Iain Galsworthy provided Committee with a brief summary on the update on carbon and energy management activities report with particular reference to:-
· Stage 1 & 2 of the REFIT Energy Efficiency Programme
· Draft Carbon Management Plan
· New staff appointment.
The following questions were raised by Committee and answered in detail by the Officers:-
Page 4 (4.2) - British Gas
· Is it costing the Council more money
· Will the Council have to pay monies back to 2014
· How much will it cost the Council
Page 5 (5.2) –
· Clarity over energy savings due to be made.
Page 8 (5.6) –
· Does this include the schools and the leisure trust.
Page 6 (5.3) –
· Do we have an alternative other than to invest
· Will a report be put up
· Are the savings at Leisure Trust and Redhouse taken into account within the budget.
· How much would it cost to install ½ hourly meter readers into buildings.
The Chair wished to commend Iain on the work already undertaken and enquired when the new energy officer was starting work.
The report be noted.