To consider report of the Chief Officer Education
Sarah Bowen referred to the report on the Additional Learning Needs and Education Tribunal (Wales) Act and gave members an update in relation to the following:
· Delay to the implementation of the Act, resulting in the statutory roles being created by the Act commencing in January 2021 and the ALN System commencing on a phased basis with effect from September 2021.
· ALN Initial Readiness Survey being revisited to identify strengths and also gaps in areas that need to be focused on.
· Key areas that have been focused on locally.
· Where we want to be to move forward.
Sarah Bowen gave background information in relation to the following questions:
· Clarification on whether the appointment of an officer to the statutory Early Years post by January 2021 will be a new post.
· Confirmation of the ALNCO Cluster Leads that have been appointed to disseminate information and products for the Local Authority.
Members note the contents of the report.