To consider report of the Chief Officer Education
Anthony Lewis referred to the report on securing sufficient nursery education for the County Borough of Merthyr Tydfil and advised members that this has been scheduled today to give members an opportunity to scrutinise the report prior to it being considered at Full Council on the 18th December 2019.
Anthony Lewis went through the report in detail as follows:
· Nursery Education Provision 2014/15 onwards.
· Statutory duty on the Local Authority.
· Collaborative working on how to take forward Nursery Education.
· Research report on securing sufficient nursery education provision.
· Addressing the strategic aims for FPN1 / FPN2.
· Sufficient nursery education provision (english medium places/welsh medium places).
· The annual publication of the Nursery Education Admissions Policy as part of the overall Annual School Admissions Policy.
Officers gave background information in relation to the following question:
· Clarification on the two additional infants classrooms in Ysgol Santes Tudful and how these are going to be accommodated within the School.
Members fully support this report to be scheduled to the Full Council meeting on the 18th December 2019.