To consider report of the Interim Chief Executive
The Planning Officer led the committee through the report with the assistance of a power point presentation and a number of short videos of the site.
The following questions were raised by the committee and responded to in detail by the Planning Officers in attendance.
· On Page 5 of the report a resident has raised concerns about the development of a new pathway and the connection to the bridleway, is this still and issue and why
· In relation to the National Planning Policy on Page 5 of the report it sets out that you need to have regard for the provision of affordable housing in communities and to ensure they accessible to those who cannot afford market housing on first occupation and for subsequent occupiers – are these houses designed for first time buyers and realistically will they be accessible to people coming onto the housing market
Councillor Scott Thomas joined the meeting
· There are Forty-five properties planned for the site and realistically they would be selling from at least £175,000 and some over £200,000 which roughly equates to 7.8 Million pounds. Not being aware of the system used to work out the affordable housing requirements or the figures the developer has supplied but could we ask the developer for any contribution towards affordable housing bearing in mind the predicament the local authority are in with homelessness
Councillor Clive Jones joined the meeting
· Is there something that could be put in place where £1000 / £2000 is put onto each dwelling, it isn’t a large amount on a property worth £175,000+ but would add up to a large contribution which could then go to registered social landlords and contribute to one-bedroom flats for example
· Can you please clarify if there was no response or no objection from the Brecon Beacons National Park Planning Committee.
· Is there any provision for electric vehicle charging points within the development
· Is there anything in Planning Policy that states electric vehicle charging points must be included in future developments
· There is an existing house that will remain on site, how will they get access with the development of the new site
· A resident has raised concerns about the overflow of the running water from the site, are you confident that the drainage that will be put in place will work
· Can you confirm if there will be a Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) requirement for this development
· Three Dragons toolkit has been used and the developer has got away without making an affordable housing contribution yet again, what can be done about this
· Time and time again this authority is losing out because developers are stating that developments are not affordable, if a development is not affordable and they cannot provide affordable housing why are we as an Authority giving them the go ahead. We are in dire straights at present with the lack of housing for homeless people. Can you confirm what we will receive in relation to the CIL requirement on this development
· You ... view the full minutes text for item 596