Venue: REMOTE MEETING - MICROSOFT TEAMS
Contact: Democratic Services Department
No apologies for absence were received.
Declarations of Interest
Members are reminded of their personal responsibility to declare any personal and prejudicial interest in respect of matters contained in this agenda in accordance with the provisions of the Local Government and Finance Act 1992 relating to Council Tax, the Local Government Act 2000, the Council’s Constitution and the Members Code of Conduct
(a) Members are reminded that they must identify the item number and subject matter that their interest relates to and signify the nature of the personal interest and
(b) Where Members withdraw from a Meeting as a consequence of the disclosure of a prejudicial interest they must notify the Chair when they leave
No declarations of interest were received.
Merthyr Tydfil Replacement Local Development Plan (LDP) 2016 - 2031: Supplementary Planning Guidance (SPG) Notes 1 – 4
The Planning Officer led the committee through the report with the aid of a power point presentation.
The following questions were raised by the committee and responded to in detail by the Planning Officers in attendance.
· Clarity was sought in relation to the terms on site and off site affordable housing in Supplementary Planning Guidance (SPG) 1
· Would on site/off site affordable housing allow a developer to have a number of affordable houses on a development and further affordable housing on a separate site to meet the affordable housing criteria
· Clarity was sought in relation to the figures on page 7 of the Supplementary Planning Guidance (SPG) 1. Paragraph 4.2 states that the most recent Local Housing Market Assessment (LHMA) identified an annual need for 367 affordable dwellings. However, 4.4 states that development proposals should deliver 253 affordable dwellings across the County Borough by 2031.
· With a significant difference in the affordable housing figures can you confirm that it is likely there will still be a huge demand for affordable housing in 11 years time
· SPG 3 Archaeology & Archaeological Sensitive Areas Paragraph 9.5.1 states that Morlais Castle sits in Pant Ward, this is incorrect and should state Dowlais Ward.
· Paragraph 9.8.3 of SPG 3 which relates to ASA8 Merthyr Tydfil West: Heolgerrig, Winch Fawr, Cwm Du and Cwm Glo states there is a long history of mineral workings which began in the 18th Century, however; there is substantial evidence that the history of the area goes back much further than the 18th Century.
· SPG Notes 1-4 will be going out for consultation, can you confirm if it will be on-line
· Will assistance, training and support be made available to state holders who wish to take part in the on-line consultation
· In relation to SPG 3 Archaeology & Archaeological Sensitive Areas what are the main changes, is it going to make it more difficult for developers and what if a developer has already carried out a large amount of work and the SPG gets approved will that mean further work for developers to ensure their application meets the criteria
· Would the introduction of this SPG mean that developers would have to preserve what archaeological structures already there, for example a number of people weren’t happy when B&Q and the new college built over archaeological structures.
After consideration by the Committee, it was Resolved that:
The Committee approves the four Supplementary Planning Guidance Notes for public consultation purposes.
Any Other Business Deemed Urgent by the Chair
The Chair advised that there was no business deemed urgent, however Cllr D Sammon raised an issue with the Chief Officer Planning and Neighbourhood Services on behalf of a Ward Councillor who was having difficulty with the call in process for committee consideration.