Venue: COUNCIL CHAMBER
Apologies for absence
Apologies for absence were received from Councillor C Barry.
Declarations of Interest
Members are reminded of their personal responsibility to declare any personal and prejudicial interest in respect of matters contained in this agenda in accordance with the provisions of the Local Government and Finance Act 1992 relating to Council Tax, the Local Government Act 2000, the Council’s Constitution and the Members Code of Conduct
(a) Members are reminded that they must identify the item number and subject matter that their interest relates to and signify the nature of the personal interest and
(b) Where Members withdraw from a Meeting as a consequence of the disclosure of a prejudicial interest they must notify the Chair when they leave
Mr D Gibby Co-opted Member Declared his Interest in Item Three – Local Authority Funding of Third Sector Services as he is the Treasurer of Treharris Community Trust.
To consider the attached report.
The Chair welcomed Helen Goddard WAO and the Officers to the Meeting.
Ryan Barry referred the Members to the ‘Local Authority Funding of Third Sector Services’ report.
The following questions were then raised by the Members and were responded to in detail by the Officers:
· Checklist – Compact – Is there a figure available for 2015/16 – Are there figures to ascertain the exact figure of core finance to the third sector
· Checklist – Performance Management – Not in Place Column – Monitoring of third sector funds
· Is there any work taking place with Groups on Governance
· Paragraph 3.1 – How many Groups and Volunteers are there in Merthyr Tydfil
· Paragraph 5.5 – What is the plan for doing this
· Paragraph 6.1 – What are the clusters referred to in the report
· Paragraph 6.2 – What is the timeline for the Group
· Where is the Authority in relation to the other Authorities
Helen Goddard advised that she would supply the Committee with this information.
· Checklist – Strategic Arrangements – Is there a Corporate Strategy in place for working with the third sector
A Member then referred to the Working Group and suggested that the Checklist be converted into an Action Plan with lead Officer details together with details of dates and times.
(a) The contents of the report be noted
(b) The Checklist be converted to an Action Plan
(c) A further update report be presented to the Committee by September 2018
Internal Audit Information Reports
To receive summary copies of published Internal Audit reports for Members information:
- School Uniform Grants 2017/18
- Education Improvement Grant (EIG) 2017/18
- Cyfarthfa Primary School 2017/18 (Follow up)
- Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reductions 2017/18 (Follow up)
- Bank Reconciliation 2017/18 (Follow up)
- Main Accounting 2017/18 (Follow up)
Due to the size of the Information Reports paper copies have not been included with the agenda papers. Electronic versions have been made available to Members via the Ipads.
The following Internal Audit Information reports be received:
· School Uniform Grants 2017/18
· Education Improvement Grant (EIG) 2017/18
· Cyfarthfa Primary School 2017/18 (Follow up)
· Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reductions 2017/18 (Follow up)
· Bank Reconciliation 2017/18 (Follow up)
· Main Accounting 2017/18 (Follow up)
Reflection and Evaluation of Meeting
To receive an update from the Chair.
The Chair and the Committee reflected in detail on the issues that had been considered at the Meeting.
The Chair also advised that the report on the Leisure Trust would be considered at the next Committee Meeting scheduled for 26 March 2018.
Any other business deemed urgent by the Chair
The Chair advised that there was no business deemed urgent.