Venue: LAND ADJACENT TO 16 SAXON STREET, MERTHYR TYDFIL
Apologies for absence
Apologies for absence received from Councillors B Mansbridge, G Lewis, L A Matthews, L Smart and S Williams.
Declarations of Interest
Members of the Planning and Regulatory Fact Finding Visits are reminded of their personal responsibility to declare any personal and prejudicial interest in respect of matters contained in this agenda in accordance with the provisions of the Local Government Act 2000, the Council’s Constitution and the Members Code of Conduct.
a. Members are reminded that they must identify the item number and subject matter that their interest relates to and signify the nature of the personal interest; and
b. Where Members withdraw from a meeting as a consequence of the disclosure of a prejudicial interest they must notify the Chair when they leave.
No declarations of interest were made.
To consider a report of the Corporate Director of Customer Services.
The Chair formally opened the meeting and referred to the Council’s Constitution whereby the public in attendance are unable to address the meeting.
He further advised that this meeting was requested by the Planning and Regulatory Committee of the 12th November 2014 to give Members an opportunity to inspect the site and to ask questions.
David Cross, the Council’s Principal Planning Officer, showed copies of the actual plans that have been drawn up with the proposed dwelling to the Committee Members and the public in attendance.
He then referred to the full planning permission that is being sought for the erection of a detached dwelling with associated detached garage and highway works and also the erection of three detached garages. He advised the Committee of the location of the proposed dwelling and the side garden area together with the 3 detached garages on the other side of the highway.
Questions were asked in relation to the following:
· The realignment of the existing carriageway closer to the boundary of the site.
· The position of the new footway along one side of the carriageway.
· The location of the land owned by the applicant either side of the carriageway.
· Location of trees on the applicant’s land and adjoining land.
· Discussion took place in relation to pre commencement works before development starts and the possibility of entering into a s278 Agreement Highway Act 1980 so that works can be carried out on the adopted highway prior to development.
· New fencing along the boundary of the site where the proposed dwelling and side garden will be located.
David Cross and Gerald Coughlan, the Authority’s Senior Assistant Engineer, then answered in detail to questions raised by the Members.
Town Ward Members (Councillor Brendan Toomey) expressed concern in relation to the widening of the highway prior to any development commencing, if this application were accepted.
Any other business as deemed urgent by the Chair
The Chair advised that there was no business deemed urgent.
He then called the meeting to a close.