Venue: Former Mackintosh Hotel, Aberfan Road, Aberfan, Merthyr Tydfil, CF48 4QJ
Apologies for absence
Apologies for absence were received from Councillor J Amos and Councillor D Chaplin.
Declarations of Interest
Members are reminded of their personal responsibility to declare any personal and prejudicial interest in respect of matters contained in this agenda in accordance with the provisions of the Local Government and Finance Act 1992 relating to Council Tax, the Local Government Act 2000, the Council’s Constitution and the Members Code of Conduct
(a) Members are reminded that they must identify the item number and subject matter that their interest relates to and signify the nature of the personal interest and
(b) Where Members withdraw from a Meeting as a consequence of the disclosure of a prejudicial interest they must notify the Chair when they leave
No declarations of interest were received.
To consider report of the Deputy Chief Executive
The Chair formally opened the meeting and referred to the Council’s Constitution whereby the public in attendance are unable to address the Committee.
The Planning Officer introduced the application to the committee and highlighted the proposals for the site.
The following questions were raised by the committee and answered in detail by the Town Planning and Highways Officer in attendance.
· Number of parking bays available on site
· Lack of parking provision locally
· Congestion in surrounding area
· Internal and external condition of the building
· What publicity had been carried out in relation to the application
· Removal of proposed bike stands to create an addition parking bay
· Demolition of rear wall and extension to create parking bays
· Concern that local properties would be devalued if application was granted
· If property was re-open as a public house could they rent rooms without the need to submit a planning application
· Would there be time constraints on deliveries and construction work to limit disruption at peak times
· Clarification was sort in relation to the use of the ground floor
· Concern was raised in relation to overlooking at the rear of the property due to the installation of additional windows
Any other business deemed urgent by the Chair
The Chair thanked the Officers and Councillors for their attendance and advised that there was no other business deemed urgent and closed the meeting.