Venue: St Margaret's Spiritualist Church, Lower Thomas Street, Merthyr Tydfil, CF47 0BY
Apologies for absence
Apologies for absence were received from: Councillor M Colbran, Councillor E Galsworthy, Councillor Kevin Gibbs and Councillor Gareth Lewis
Declarations of Interest
Members are reminded of their personal responsibility to declare any personal and prejudicial interest in respect of matters contained in this agenda in accordance with the provisions of the Local Government and Finance Act 1992 relating to Council Tax, the Local Government Act 2000, the Council’s Constitution and the Members Code of Conduct
(a) Members are reminded that they must identify the item number and subject matter that their interest relates to and signify the nature of the personal interest and
(b) Where Members withdraw from a Meeting as a consequence of the disclosure of a prejudicial interest they must notify the Chair when they leave
No Declarations of Interest were received.
To consider report of the Deputy Chief Executive
The Planning Officer introduced the application to the committee and highlighted the salient points within the report.
Questions were raised by the Committee Members in relation to Rent Smart Wales, Environmental Health, the internal layout, and Building Regulations. However the Planning Officer advised that these issues were not relevant as they were not planning considerations.
Other issues raised by the committee and answered in detail by the Town Planning and Highways Officers in attendance were:
· Residential permit parking
· Oversaturation of houses of multiple occupancy in the area
· Concerns over an increase in antisocial behaviour
· Concerns were raised over the number of possible tenants and the limited number of bathrooms
· Was the previous planning application received from the same applicant
· Will Cadw be consulted on this application as the building is a grade II listed building
· Once Cadw have been consulted are they able to request changes to the planned internal layout
Any other business deemed urgent by the Chair
The Chair thanked the Officers and Councillors for their attendance and advised that there was no other business deemed urgent and closed the meeting.