Venue: Land Adjacent To 1 Brondeg, Heolgerrig, Merthyr Tydfil
Apologies for absence
Apologies for absence were received from Councillor C Tovey, M Colbran and E Galsworthy.
Declarations of Interest
Members are reminded of their personal responsibility to declare any personal and prejudicial interest in respect of matters contained in this agenda in accordance with the provisions of the Local Government and Finance Act 1992 relating to Council Tax, the Local Government Act 2000, the Council’s Constitution and the Members Code of Conduct
(a) Members are reminded that they must identify the item number and subject matter that their interest relates to and signify the nature of the personal interest and
(b) Where Members withdraw from a Meeting as a consequence of the disclosure of a prejudicial interest they must notify the Chair when they leave
No Declarations of Interest were received.
To consider report of the Deputy Chief Executive
Due to apologies from the Chair and Vice Chair the committee elected Councillor H Barrett as the Chair.
The Planning Officer introduced the application to the committee, provided a plan of the proposed site and highlighted the salient points within the report.
The following questions were raised by the committee and responded to by the Planning and Legal Officers in attendance:
· Concerns were raised in relation to the loss of amenity and green space
· As the land owner will the authority be responsible for submitting the planning application, the building work and subsequent sale of the property
· When the Estates Department identified the land for disposal where the ward members consulted
· What is the value of the land and would that value increase with planning permission
· Is the parcel of land included in the current LDP
· Can the Ward Councillor confirm why he objected to the sale of the land
· Would the sale of the land be a capital receipt for the authority
The Chair raised concern that this parcel of land may suffer the same fate as a parcel of land on the opposite side of the road where development has stalled on numerous occasions leaving the site an eyesore.
Any other business deemed urgent by the Chair
The Chair thanked the Officers and Councillors for their attendance and advised that there was no other business deemed urgent and closed the meeting.