Venue: Land Adjoining (south of) Swansea Road to the east of Waunbant Court and north west of Old Winchfawr Road, Swansea Road, Merthyr Tydfil
Apologies for absence
Apologies for absence were received from Councillor E Galsworthy.
Declarations of Interest
Members are reminded of their personal responsibility to declare any personal and prejudicial interest in respect of matters contained in this agenda in accordance with the provisions of the Local Government and Finance Act 1992 relating to Council Tax, the Local Government Act 2000, the Council’s Constitution and the Members Code of Conduct
(a) Members are reminded that they must identify the item number and subject matter that their interest relates to and signify the nature of the personal interest and
(b) Where Members withdraw from a Meeting as a consequence of the disclosure of a prejudicial interest they must notify the Chair when they leave
No Declarations of Interest were received.
To consider report of the Deputy Chief Executive
The Chair formally opened the meeting and referred to the Council’s Constitution whereby the public in attendance are unable to address the committee.
The Planning Officer introduced the application to the committee, provided plans of the proposed site and highlighted the salient points within the report.
The following questions were raised by the committee and responded to by the appropriate officers in attendance.
· Is this parcel of land identified in the current Local Development Plan (LDP) and not the emerging LDP
· Can you confirm which LDP policy was used when coming to your outcome in relation to this application
The committee walked the site and stopped at the edge of the site to view the steep embankment and the slippage.
· Does anyone know how much of the land is shale and what is solid land
· Concerns were raised in relation to the stability of the site and the continual collapses of the steep embankments and whether a more in depth stability assessment should be carried out
· Can it be confirmed that no one knows what stability issues could be identified until the second assessment is carried out
· It is a concern that no social housing will be included in the development after the applicant used the Three Dragon Toolkit
· Has the Coal Authority been consulted in relation to this application
· Can you confirm that a second ecological survey of the area will be carried out before any development
· Concerns were raised that the whole site wasn’t ecologically surveyed due to a fire on the day the survey was carried out.
Any other business deemed urgent by the Chair
The Chair thanked the Officers and Councillors for their attendance and advised that there was no other business deemed urgent and closed the meeting.