Venue: Merthyr Tydfil Golf Club, Cloth Hall Lane, Cefn Coed, Merthyr Tydfil
Apologies for absence
Apologies for absence were received from Councillor J Thomas.
Declarations of Interest
Members are reminded of their personal responsibility to declare any personal and prejudicial interest in respect of matters contained in this agenda in accordance with the provisions of the Local Government and Finance Act 1992 relating to Council Tax, the Local Government Act 2000, the Council’s Constitution and the Members Code of Conduct
(a) Members are reminded that they must identify the item number and subject matter that their interest relates to and signify the nature of the personal interest and
(b) Where Members withdraw from a Meeting as a consequence of the disclosure of a prejudicial interest they must notify the Chair when they leave
No Declarations of Interest were received.
To consider report of the Deputy Chief Executive
The Chair formally opened the meeting and referred to the Council’s Constitution whereby the public in attendance are unable to address the committee.
The Planning Officer introduced the application to the committee, provided plans of the proposed site and highlighted the salient points within the report.
The following questions were raised by the committee and were responded to by the appropriate officers in attendance.
· Does the authority have the powers to grant planning permission on common land or does the application have to be referred to the Planning Inspectorate
· As the proposed site falls outside of the Local Development Plan (LDP) should the application be referred to Full Council
· Can the Officers in attendance confirm where the settlement boundary ends in relation to this application
· One of the objections relates to the application being within a Site of Importance for Nature Conservation (SINC) and a Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) can more information be provided in relation to both the SINC and the SSSI
· Is the term countryside location subjective
· Is the area part of the Councils Open Space Strategy
· Clarity was sought in relation to the objection received from the Engineering & Traffic Group Leader during the consultation.
· Can the officers confirm whether there is only one access point into the site
· It was questioned whether the application would form part of the Councils Tourism Strategy
Any other business deemed urgent by the Chair
The Chair thanked the Officers and Councillors for their attendance and advised that there was no other business deemed urgent and closed the meeting.