Agenda and minutes

Venue: REMOTE MEETING - MICROSOFT TEAMS

Media

Items
No. Item

46.

Apologies for Absence

Minutes:

Apologies for absence were received from Councillor Gareth Lewis (Vice Chair), Councillor Andrew Barry (Portfolio Member) and Geoff Beard (Co-optee).

47.

Declarations of Interest (including whipping declarations)

Members are reminded of their personal responsibility to declare any personal and prejudicial interest in respect of matters contained in this agenda in accordance with the provisions of the Local Government and Finance Act 1992 relating to Council Tax, the Local Government Act 2000, the Council’s Constitution and the Members Code of Conduct

 

Note:

 

(a)  Members are reminded that they must identify the item number and subject matter that their interest relates to and signify the nature of the personal interest and

 

(b)  Where Members withdraw from a Meeting as a consequence of the disclosure of a prejudicial interest they must notify the Chair when they leave

Minutes:

No Declarations of Interest were received.

48.

Coronavirus Update - Response and Transition to Recovery pdf icon PDF 849 KB

To consider the attached report

Minutes:

The Chair introduced the Response and Transition to Recovery Coronavirus Update report and advised it was an opportunity for Members to catch up on what has happened since lockdown, key outcomes and plans for recovery.

 

The Chair welcomed Paul Lewis to the meeting to provide further information and following a comment made by a Committee Member it was requested that due to the (new local lockdown restrictions) an additional brief overview be provided referring to the impact/effects on the last couple of days.

 

(Councillor Gareth Lewis joined the meeting).

 

Paul Lewis introduced  Lisa Emerson (Estates), Mark Price (Revenues) and Hannah Brown (HR) who are part of the Recovery sub group and in particular referred to:-

 

·       Immediate challenges (childcare issues for staff, staff self-isolation)

·       Support to public (PPE, redeployment of staff to support community)

·       Agile Working

·       Reducing footprint and office space

 

The following questions/comments were raised by Committee and answered in detail by the Officers:-

 

·       What is the plan to re-open the front desk at the Civic Centre (request for risk assessment update).

·       What services have digitally been provided for the public.

·       How many council tax summons have been issued.

·       Clarity sought on (point 5.1) staff numbers working remotely; (point 6.2) number of staff that completed the survey and number of staff self- isolating.

·       Youth working.

·       Localised lockdown timescales.

·       Business sector grants.

·       Clarity sought on staff returning from abroad and having to quarantine.

 

Committee Members complimented officers on the work that has been undertaken.

 

Resolved that:

 

a)    Committee Members receive the report, noting the actions taken by the Council in response to the pandemic; and

 

b)    Committee Members consider the future plans to respond to the phased relaxation of lockdown; and how the Council will work differently to meet the needs of the ‘new norm’.

49.

Draft Work Programme pdf icon PDF 621 KB

To consider the attached report

Additional documents:

Minutes:

Following a request made by Scrutiny Support the Chair agreed that Items 3 and 4 be dealt with in reverse order as the Work Programme needed to be agreed before moving on to any other items.

 

The Chair introduced the report and made particular reference to:-

 

·       Meeting statutory requirements

·       Action Tracker

·       Four Key Strands

·       Unprecedented events – (Floods; Covid 19).

 

Resolved that:

 

The Committee approve the Draft Forward Work Plan.

50.

Scrutiny Referrals, Feedback and Follow up Actions

Minutes:

The Chair invited Sian Lyons to update Committee.

 

The following matters were noted:-

 

·       that the risk assessment on the Civic Centre front desk re-opening would be escalated to CMT by Paul Lewis and an update be brought back to Committee.

 

·       Hannah Brown, HR provided figure of 383 responses in reply to a question raised regarding number of staff that completed the survey.

 

·       Action Tracker will be reviewed at each Committee under Scrutiny Referrals, Feedback and Follow Up Actions.

 

·       All reports going forward should have the ‘covid lens’ and ‘lessons learnt’ approach.

 

·       Future pre-meetings will take place at 3.30 p.m.

51.

Reflection and Evaluation of Meeting

To receive an update from the Chair

Minutes:

The Chair reflected on the items discussed in the meeting.

52.

Any other business deemed urgent by the Chair

Minutes:

The Chair advised that the Corporate Plan and Annual Performance Report historically came to Committee in the final stages.  It is now suggested that   as a Committee we have a more involved role using  
workshop style meetings to shape and scrutinise during rather than at the end of the process which will give more ownership to Committee.

 

Sian Lyons provided an update on Self Evaluation and what needed to be done by Committee Members.

 

No other business was deemed urgent and the meeting was closed.

 

a to z of services
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P q R S T U V W x Y z