Venue: REMOTE MEETING - MICROSOFT TEAMS
Apologies for absence were received from J Beard Co-opted Member.
Declarations of Interest (including whipping declarations)
Members are reminded of their personal responsibility to declare any personal and prejudicial interest in respect of matters contained in this agenda in accordance with the provisions of the Local Government and Finance Act 1992 relating to Council Tax, the Local Government Act 2000, the Council’s Constitution and the Members Code of Conduct
(a) Members are reminded that they must identify the item number and subject matter that their interest relates to and signify the nature of the personal interest and
(b) Where Members withdraw from a Meeting as a consequence of the disclosure of a prejudicial interest they must notify the Chair when they leave
C Payne Co-opted Member advised that her employer Merthyr Valleys Homes was mentioned in the report at Item 3 – Working Life Update.
To consider report of the Interim Deputy Chief Executive
The Chair welcomed Councillor A Barry, Councillor G Thomas Cabinet Members, Alyn Owen, Chris Long, Paul Lewis, Sue Gow, Suzanne Stephens, Zoe Thomas, Deb Ryan-Newton, Lance Whiteley, Dan Bufton, Ryan Barry and Anouska Beaumont to the Meeting.
Alyn Owen referred the Committee to the ‘Working Life Update’ Report and advised that an update would be given by each Officer for their Service area.
· Paragraph 3.4 -Town Centre Master Plan – Details of the funding for Jols – Details of the re-development of Marsh House - Details on the proposals for the Theatre Royal, The Miners Hall and the former Halifax premises
· Paragraph 3.5 - Cyfarthfa Plan – Details on recruitment of Board Members
· Paragraph 4.3 - Information sought on impact of withdrawal from the EU
· Paragraph 5.4 – Are the figures down due to COVID 19
· Paragraph 8.6 – Update requested on the Bus Station
· What is the involvement of the Local Authority in the Kick Start Scheme for young people
· What is the impact on businesses on the High Street as a result of the pandemic
· Paragraph 5.6 – Business, Education and Training Partnership – Can applications be made for funding for home learning equipment
· Paragraph 6.13 – Conversion of property into flats – Is this a loan
· Update requested on the General Hospital Site
· Is the Anti Social Behaviour Fund COVID specific or will it be available in future years
· Paragraph 6.3 – Explanation of what businesses are able to do for example in regard to the wearing of face masks and the numbers allowed in the store
· Paragraph 6.9 – What can be done to ensure that people self isolate
Sue Gow then gave an overview to the Committee in relation to her Service areas and responded in detail together with the Officers to the following questions raised on the report:
· Information sought on Legislation regarding Eviction
· Appendix 2 – Could figures be given instead of percentages
Suzanne Stephens then gave an overview to the Committee in relation to Housing and Homelessness and responded in detail together with the Officers to the following questions raised on the report:
· Paragraph 6.12 – Explanation requested on the number of households
· Paragraph 6.13 – Details requested on the conversion of properties
Councillor G Thomas then praised the work undertaken by the Officers over the past twelve months and the breadth of the Portfolio and suggested a Workshop for all Councillors in relation to Homelessness.
The Chair then referred to the key strands that had been raised on the report and thanked all the Officers and the Cabinet Members for attending.
Councillor G Lewis joined the Meeting at 4.50 pm. ... view the full minutes text for item 300.
To consider the attached report
The Chair referred to the Forward Work Programme 2020/21 and advised that she would discuss with the Officers the issues of Agile Working and EU Funding and advise the Committee in relation to the items for the next Meeting.
Scrutiny Referrals, Feedback and Follow up Actions
There was no update for this item.
Reflection and Evaluation of Meeting
To receive an update from the Chair
The Chair and the Committee reflected in detail on the issues that had been discussed in the Meeting.
Any other business deemed urgent by the Chair
The Chair advised that there was no business deemed urgent.