Venue: REMOTE MEETING - MICROSOFT TEAMS
Apologies for absence were received from Councillor D Isaac and Councillor S Jago.
Declarations of Interest (including whipping declarations)
Members are reminded of their personal responsibility to declare any personal and prejudicial interest in respect of matters contained in this agenda in accordance with the provisions of the Local Government and Finance Act 1992 relating to Council Tax, the Local Government Act 2000, the Council’s Constitution and the Members Code of Conduct
(a) Members are reminded that they must identify the item number and subject matter that their interest relates to and signify the nature of the personal interest and
(b) Where Members withdraw from a Meeting as a consequence of the disclosure of a prejudicial interest they must notify the Chair when they leave
No Declarations of Interest were made.
To consider report of the Chief Officer Education
The Chair welcomed Jane O’Kane and Lynne Hannington Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board to the Meeting.
Sarah Ostler then led the Committee through the ‘Health Challenges Amongst Children 0-5 years’ report.
Jane O’Kane and Lynne Hannington then made the following Presentation on Delivery of Early Years and Health Visiting Provision giving details on:
· The Aims
· Cwm Taf Morgannwg Operating Model
· System Group Objectives
· Needs Assessment, Engagement and Education
· Local Context and Poverty Profile – The Challenges and Priorities
· Local Profile – Safeguarding Referrals
· Low Birth Weights
· Children Looked After
· Herd Immunity and Vaccine Rate Update – 4 years old at 2019 and 2020
· Health Weight
· Breastfeeding Rates – Proportion of Flying Start babies receiving Breastmilk following birth
· Context – Employment and Unemployment – July 2019 – June 2020
· Employment Graph
· Questions posed by members – Responses on – Core Priorities – Deliver the Welsh Government Health Child Wales Programme – COVID Pressures and COVID Re-setting agenda – Collaborative Public Health Activity – A Whole system approach – Environment – Healthy Choices – Models of Care
· The Intention – Principles – Thread – Critical
· Systematic and joined up Local and Regional approaches to Service Delivery and Planning.
· Responding to COVID 19
Questions were then raised on the Presentation and were responded to in detail by Jane O’Kane, Lynne Hanningtonand the Officers.
Sue Walker also advised that Dan Buffton could be invited to attend a future Meeting to update the Committee.
The Committee considers the Health Implications of the report, the latest available data and approaches provided by Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board (CTMUHB) and consider the role of the Council in supporting the health agenda.
The Chair then thanked Jane O’Kane, Lynne Hannington and the Officers for the Presentation and responses to the Committee.
To consider the attached report
The Chair referred to the ‘Forward Work Programme 2020/21’ report and advised that he would be discussing with the Officers and the Cabinet Member an item for the Work Programme and the items for the Meeting scheduled for 8 February 2021.
Scrutiny Referrals, Feedback and Follow up Actions
The Chair advised that he had received an item for referral that he would be discussing with the Officers and the Cabinet Member.
Reflection and Evaluation of Meeting
To receive an update from the Chair
The Chair and the Committee reflected in detail on the items that had been considered in the Meeting.
Any other business deemed urgent by the Chair
The Chair advised that there was no business deemed urgent.