Venue: COUNCIL CHAMBER. View directions
Apologies for Absence
Apologies for absence were received from Councillor T C Lewis, Councillor P Williams, Councillor S Williams and Mr R Holdaway, Mr B Lewis and Mrs N Mahoney Co-opted Members.
Declarations of Interest (including whipping declarations)
Members of this Committee are reminded of their personal responsibility to declare any personal and prejudicial interest in respect of matters contained in this agenda in accordance with the provisions of the Local Government Act 2000, the Council’s Constitution and the Members’ Code of Conduct. In addition Members must declare any prohibited party whip which the Member has been given in relation to the meeting as per the Local Government (Wales) Measure 2011.
a. Members are reminded that they must identify the item number and subject matter that their interest relates to and signify the nature of the personal interest; and
b. Where Members withdraw from a meeting as a consequence of the disclosure of a prejudicial interest they must notify the Chair when they leave.
No Declarations of Interest were made.
To consider report of the Chief Executive.
Steve Jones referred to the ‘Budget Requirement 2016/17 to 2019/20 – Update’ report and made a Presentation to the Committee giving details on the following:
· Introduction and Objectives
· Revisions to the Medium Term Financial Plan
· Medium Term Financial Plan 2016/17 – 2019/20
· Revised MTFP 2016/17 – 2019/20
· Updated Provisional Settlement 2016/17
· Welsh Local Government Settlement 2016-17
· Updated MTFP 2016/17 – 2019/20
· Recommendations – Cabinet 24 February 2016
· Council Budget Strategy
· Estimated Budget Reductions 2016/17
· Customer Offering
· Back Office Administrative Support / Strategic Support Services
· Income and Service Cost Recovery
· Outcome Focused Redesign
· Flexible Use of Capital Receipts
· Delivery of the Change Management Programme for 2016/17
Councillor G Lewis entered the Meeting at 3.37 pm and Councillor P Brown entered the Meeting at 3.42 pm.
The following questions were then raised by the Committee and were responded to by the Leader and the Officers:
· Paragraph 5.4.3 of the report – Channel Shift – Could an explanation be given in relation to automation in the Contact Centre and the Interactive Voice Response
· Could clarification be given regarding the Strategic Partner and the costs to the Authority
· Paragraph 6.4 of the report – Fixed Asset Sales – An elaboration of future Sales was requested
· Channel Shift – How much monetary investment is required
· Joint Department Working – How confident are the Officers that the Departments that have come together are successful
· Is there outsourcing to other Councils
· Finance Generation – How soon can this be seen in the business plans and what is the target in terms of potential income
· Joint Procurement
· Frequency of Joint Audit/Joint Scrutiny Committee Meetings
· Paragraph 1.3 of the report – Explanation of the wording requested
(a) The revised budget deficits of £4.079 million for 2016/17 and £20.302 million for 2016/17 to 2019/20 be noted
(b) The ongoing progress with the change management work streams in addressing the projected budget deficit of £4.079 million for 2016/17 be considered and noted
(c) The Minister for Public Services’ Direction in respect of flexibility in respect of utilisation of Capital Receipts be noted
Any Other Business deemed urgent by the Chair
The Chair advised that there was no business deemed urgent.